The quote on the image below makes me think of living with Migraine disease. Of course, it was meant to be about life in general, but for many of us, Migraine has such a huge impact on our lives that it takes center stage.
There are so many things that are outside of our control. For example:
- Genetics: We can't change the rules of genetics that left us susceptible to inheriting Migraine disease.
- Many of our triggers: We can't control barometric pressure changes, hot summer temperatures, or many other things that are Migraine triggers for many of us.
Those are like the wind, and we can't change their direction.
That said, that doesn't mean there's nothing we can do.
My chosen destination is a life lived as well and fully as possible, despite Migraine disease, and I can adjust my sails to reach that destination. Here are some of the ways in which I draw on my inner Migraine Ninja and adjust my sails:
- by working as a treatment partner with a good Migraine specialist
- by doing my best to avoid some of my triggers: dehydration, irregular sleeping patterns, fragrances and odors, rooms that are too warm, closed spaces with loud noise
- using my preventive treatment, as prescribed, every day without fail
We're all different, so we have to adjust our sails differently.
What's your destination, and how do you draw on your inner Migraine Ninja and adjust your sails. Please leave a comment below, and share.